11 February 2018

Hey Mama, Welcome to the Sixties!

If I could travel back in time, I'd like to experience what it was like to be a teenager in the 50's/60's. It was the best time for everything; music, Hollywood and of course fashion. Frank Sinatra was on the radio, The Beatles were taking the world by storm, Audrey Hepburn was on the big screen and mini skirts were making a comeback. What's not to love? 

I was having a browse on ASOS when I came across this Double-Breasted Mini Skirt. I fell in love with it straight away, so as a little treat for passing my Uni assignments, I selected my size and added it to my shopping bag. Although this skirt is something I'd consider to be very 'me', it's not something I'd normally buy so I was nervous to see how it would look and if I could pull it off. 

The first thing that initially drew me to the skirt was the burnt orange colour. It's not a colour that makes a big appearance in my wardrobe, however, I'm trying to take more risks with my fashion choices this year so it seemed like the perfect addition. The black buttons are such a nice contrast and give the skirt such a sixties vibe - a look I've tried (and failed) to pull off in the past. 

The skirt is more high waisted than I was expecting and is quite tight around the waist, but it is incredibly flattering and will show off your perfect figure in all the right places. It's such an effortlessly chic item and I'm so glad I spotted it. I wore it to go and see Jersey Boys last month and so many people stopped me asking me where it was from. I'm absolutely in love with it and the temptation to wear it with everything is so real. 
Last week, I went for brunch with my lovely friend Emma (who kindly took these photos). It was absolutely freezing so, along with my skirt, I wore some thick, woolly tights, a black polo neck and my black jacket. I also wore my little black backpack, which featured in my previous post, adding a cute twist to the outfit. The orange added a nice pop of colour to what would have been an incredibly gloomy outfit, which is the thing I love the most. I think it's so fun to give old styles a modern twist, and I'm loving seeing all the sixties inspired outfits on the high street at the moment. 

Although I've only worn the skirt casually, it could be jazzed up with a nice pair of heels and a black off-shoulder top for a date night, a night out or a dinner with the girls. All I do know is that I feel incredibly pretty and elegant when I wear it. There's no better feeling than wearing clothes that make you feel good about yourself and I think that's such an important thing to remember. As long as you feel comfortable and happy in what you're wearing then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. 

I'm absolutely loving this look at the moment.
Here's what I'm wearing: 


If you could bring back any fashion trend from the past, what would it be?

Lots of Love,
Meg
xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig