3 January 2018

My 2018 Resolutions

(Photo by Emma)

Happy 2018!
We're three days in and I hope it's treating you well. We had a lovely New Years Eve, it was quiet but we welcomed it in with hotpot and Frank Sinatra. In true Meg style, I drank too much gin and danced the night away. I like to think of it as starting the year as I mean to go on. I went for a really long walk with Mum on New Years Day and yesterday I had a brunch day with my lovely friend Emma. We went to see Pitch Perfect 3 and it was hilariously funny (as always). It actually made me tear up a little bit at the end. So, you could say 2018 has been good to me so far.

As I've said, it's going to be a year full of hard work, big dreams and hopefully big achievements. I'll be turning 21 in June and I'll be graduating in July. I'm entering the big wide world and I'll be honest, I'm scared. Following the yearly tradition on my blog, I'm going to share my list of resolutions with you. I like to make a list of things that I'd like to achieve by January the following year - there's nothing like the motivation you feel at the start of January. I only get that feeling twice a year; January 1st and my birthday.

2018 Resolutions

Learn to Drive

Okay, I know what you're thinking, 'Meg you said this last year.' 
Well, this year I mean it. Once graduation is out of the way, I'll be able to focus my full attention on learning to drive. I'm not putting pressure on myself, it's something that needs to come naturally and I'll start learning when I'm ready. 

Drink More Water

I'll admit it, my skin isn't great, and I think part of that boils down to the fact that I don't drink enough water. I'm starting with two glasses a day and working myself up to more. I hate drinking water because it's so bland, so if anyone has any tips on how to motivate myself to drink more then please let me know. 

Graduate

Like I said, I'm graduating this year. I'd love to graduate with a first class or an upper-class degree. I can't believe I'm in my final year of University, the past three years have absolutely flown by and I'm both nervous and excited to find out what the future holds for me. 

Improve my blog content

This goes for social media too, but I want to focus more of my attention on my blog. I've really gotten into blogging this past year and I'm going to make it my mission to both improve my content and actually stick to a schedule. I'm going to start taking things seriously and I can't wait to see what adventures my blog will take me on. 

Interact with more bloggers

I really don't do it enough. I want to read more blogs, support my fellow bloggers on social platforms and just generally spread positivity and love, not only in the blogging community but for everyone. We're all too quick to criticise, but not so quick to tell someone when they're doing great. 


Read more books

I'm going to aim to read a book a month. I've realised that my lack of reading over these past few months has had a negative impact on my writing. I'm just so tired all the time.

Find my own style

I want to be more daring with my fashion choices, push myself out of my comfort zone and buy things that I wouldn't normally buy. It's not about re-inventing myself, more about being confident in my own skin and loving myself for who I am. 

Walk the dog every day

I love walking the dog and I don't do it enough. It's the making the effort part that I struggle with but it's such a good way to keep fit and take some time away from work and social media - everyone needs a break, even if it's just for five minutes. 

Work my little bum off

If there's one thing I'm feeling this year, it's determined. I'm going to work hard and I'm going to make my dreams a reality. If you want something, you've got to work for it and I hope I'll be able to make my family proud. 

Organise my time

I'm awful when it comes to time management and if you follow me on twitter, you'll know that on my last deadline week I survived on five hours sleep for the whole week. I'm going to make sure that my time is organised, my work is completed and give myself time to do what I enjoy. I'm going to treat myself and give myself credit when it's due. I need to believe in myself. 

But most of all, I want to happy. Genuinely, intensely, consistently happy. 
I hope that 2018 will be kind to us all and that this time next year I'll be telling you about a successful and happy year. 

What's your main goal for 2018? 

Lots of Love,
Meg
xxx






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig