6 November 2017

Mustard Jumpers & Autumn Leaves

I used to hate Autumn when I was younger, I don't know what it was but it just seemed such a sad season. However, now that I'm 20, it just so happens to be one of my favourite seasons. I love taking the dog for a walk around the park, walking on crunchy leaves and the beautiful colours of the trees but my favourite thing is the fashion. Autumn colours are so aesthetically pleasing so I thought I'd show you one of my go-to autumnal outfits. 

I've been searching for a mustard coloured jumper for months - I wanted the perfect autumn shade but it seemed impossible to find. I think it's important to add a bit of colour to your autumn wardrobe. It's so easy for people to reach for the black clothes and it's a common misconception that bright colours are for summer only but I'm here to change that. A mustard jumper is a staple for your wardrobe and a really popular trend this season. If a mustard jumper just isn't your style, try a mustard scarf instead - anything mustard will do. I picked up this jumper in H&M and it was one of those last minute buys. I was just about to give up my search when I spotted this little gem hiding at the back of the rack. It was exactly what I'd been looking for.

New Look has some lovely pieces in for autumn and I especially love their scarfs. I have an obsession with scarfs - I think they're the perfect accessory to jazz up an outfit for the colder seasons (you'll never see me without a scarf in autumn/winter). I picked up this beige checked scarf in August as I fell in love with the colours and knew it would be the perfect match to my camel coat. I'm also wearing my New Look ripped Hallie jeans - you all think Topshop do the best jeans but New Look is the place to be, I'm telling ya. On my feet I'm wearing my trusty black ankle boots from Dorothy Perkins, I don't think they sell them anymore but there are plenty of similar items available. An outfit is never complete without a watch and mine is from NY London, their watches are super pretty and I always get compliments when I wear mine. 

The thing I love the most about this outfit is that it's the perfect combination of casual and smart, plus it can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion or your mood. You'll be seeing a lot of me in this jumper - are you a fan of the mustard trend?

A massive thank you to my lovely friend Emma who was the best photographer and the loveliest gal.


 Lots of Love,
Meg
xox

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig