26 November 2017

Christmas at Bents

I've said it before and I'll say it again, nothing makes me happier than a garden centre at Christmas time. There's just something about the twinkling lights and beautifully decorated trees that makes me want to buy everything and give my home a complete festive makeover. As the festive season is upon us, the fam and I took a trip to Bents Garden and Home to get ourselves into the Christmas spirit, and maybe buy a bauble or two.

Based in Warrington, Bents is one of the biggest garden centres in the North West and they are best known for their immaculate Christmas displays. Every year people have been telling me that I need to visit because it's like nothing you've ever seen before; it's perfect for a Christmas fanatic like myself. I'll be honest, I can't believe I've never been to Bents before, but as with everything, my twenties is the year of change. As Bents are celebrating their 80th Anniversary, Mum and Dad thought it was the perfect time to surprise me with a visit to the most festive garden centre in the North.

 From the moment we stepped foot in the place, it was pure, Christmas heaven. I knew it was going to be good, but nothing could've prepared me for how beautiful it was. The Christmas trees, the decorations, the themes; it was perfect. I don't know how many times I gasped and dragged my Mum over to see yet another display, but I'm pretty sure she got bored of me by the end of it. I never anticipated how big it was going to be, I'm used to the small, local garden centres so this was a new world for me. Y'know the magic you feel when you're in Disneyland? Well, I'd compare it to that. 

Each section was organised by colour, each with a different display including snowmen, lights, and a singing reindeer (sadly, Mum wouldn't let me bring him home with me). It's the most aesthetically pleasing garden centre I've ever been too and it's the perfect place to go if you're looking for some interior inspiration for your home. My favourite section was the red/gold section as I think that these colours look the most festive, and also because it was the section with the singing reindeer (I will shut up about him at some point, I promise). I've also decided that a rose gold Christmas tree is a necessity when I finally move out and get my own place, just imagine a rose gold and silver themed home *heart eyes emoji*. 

I loved the fact that no matter where you went, there was a little sprinkle of Christmas magic; even in the pets section. Speaking from a blogging perspective, it's every Blogger's dream - there are hundreds of different photo opportunities making it the perfect place to go if you want your Instagram (and your blog) to be on point over the festive season. 

When we saw the sleigh, I knew I had to get a picture with my Grandma and Grandad. It looks adorable, right? But what you didn't see was the struggle to get my Grandma out of the sleigh. I think her knee gave way or she'd been sat down for too long and couldn't walk. We got her out eventually though if any of you were wondering. 

 Just when I thought Bents couldn't get any better, I discovered that they had their own Christmas Market. It was only small but it had little wooden booths, a roaring log fire and all the festive food you could want. I'm talking German sausages, crepes, garlic mushrooms and hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream. I bought Dad and me some crepes;  us both opting for Nutella, strawberries, bananas and cream, and Mum bought us all a hot chocolate. We sat in the wooden booths, Dad got Nutella all over his face and my Grandma absolutely devoured her hot chocolate. It was so nice to take a break from Uni/Work and spend some time with my family, I should do it more often. 


 We had one last browse around the Christmas section, where I picked up Benny the Bents Bear and introduced Mambly and Grandad to the wonderful scents of Yankee candles. Then, Mum and I somehow found ourselves at the gin section (obviously) and had to talk each other out of buying some of the Christmas flavoured gins they had on offer. Grandad and I tried on some of the Christmas headwear including reindeer antlers, Santa hats and Christmas puddings and hearing my Grandad laugh as much as he did brought a tear to my eye. I have so, so much love for my wonderful family. 

As with all things in life, the day had to come to an end. With Benny the Bear in my hand, a smile on my face and a whole lot of festive cheer, we headed home with a sing-a-long to Michael BublĂ©'s Christmas. 

If you're up North, or if you're coming up North for the festive season, then please, please, please go and pay a visit to Bents. I promise you won't regret it! 

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig