12 October 2017

My Travel Bucket List

Recently I've caught a bit of a travelling bug. I've got this urge to go and see different places, experience new cultures and meet new people. Now, I know what you're thinking - 'Meg, you're scared of travelling, how on earth are you actually going to get to these places?'. Well, since I've been going to Paris on and off for the past year, I've found myself feeling more confident when it comes to travelling without my parents and I think I'm ready to venture further afield. 

I'm a girl who doesn't like to be pushed out of her comfort zone which is why I get myself stuck in a rut - whether that be with Uni, blogging, fashion or travelling. I see my friends visiting so many different places, posting photos on their social media of them experiencing new things, going on adventures, making memories and I'm sat here visiting the same place over and over again. I can't help but feel like I'm missing out. I know that I can't keep visiting Paris for the rest of my life - as beautiful as the city is - which is why I've decided that I want my twenties to be the year that I see the world. I want to travel to my dream destinations, meet new people, eat new foods and make memories that I'll treasure for the rest of my life. 

With that in mind, I've composed a list of the places that I want to travel too in the next ten years. I've called it my Travel Bucket List and I'm going to share it with you all, along with some of the things that I want to do when I'm there. 


♡ Amsterdam 

Amsterdam looks so beautiful in every season but particularly in Autumn - I think I'd love to visit when the leaves are falling from the trees and there's a cool autumnal breeze in the air. I'd love to go and see the Anne Frank Museum, the Fault in Our Stars Bench and go on a canal cruise.

♡ Rome 

It's one of the most beautiful, romantic cities in the world. I'd love to visit the Colleseum, the Vatican and the Trevi Fountain. However, I think the top of my bucket list would be to eat some Italian food in Italy because it's my favourite. 

♡ Venice 

I've been to Venice once before when I was 12 but I didn't appreciate it enough, plus the weather wasn't the greatest and we only spent the day there. I'd love to have another cocktail in Harry's Bar, go on a Gondola ride and have a coffee or a cocktail in St Marks Square. 

♡ Barcelona 

I don't know if it's the beautiful architecture or the Ed Sheeran song that makes me want to visit but I've heard so many wonderful things about this city. I'd love to see the Sagrada Familia, spend a day on the beach and visit the famous Las Ramblas. 

♡ New York 

'If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere, it's up to you, New York, New York...'
It's been a dream of mine to visit this city for such a long time, more so when I was introduced to swing music and the talent that is Frank Sinatra. New York, New York is my favourite song and I've already planned my lyrical Instagram captions for all of my photos. I'd love to see a show on Broadway, visit the Disney Store, Times Square, Central Park, the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building. I also think that New York at Christmas would be beyond magical. 

♡ Florida 

In particular, Walt Disney World. I think this will take me a while to save up for, but I am determined to make it to the most magical place on earth. It has been my dream to visit since I was a little girl and if I told you everything on my agenda, I think we'd be here all day. I'd love to visit at Halloween and attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - meeting the Seven Dwarves would be a dream come true. 

♡ California 

California looks so chill and happy - a place surrounded by positive vibes is a place I want to be. Again, I'd love to visit Disneyland as it'd mean a lot to me to walk down the streets that Walt walked down and see his imagination in action. I'd also love to spend the day on Santa Monica beach/pier. 

♡ Australia 

I know it's a big area to cover but I want to do it all. Similar to Cali, it has such a chilled out vibe about it - the sea is so blue, the beaches are beautiful and the surf looks out of this world. It's like Cornwall but six thousand times better. I'd love to see the Sydney Opera House and see a Koala Bear - I bloody love Koala Bears. Also, if possible I'd like to see a panda...do they have pandas in Oz?

♡ Santorini 

I see this beautiful place plastered all over my Instagram every summer and it looks too picturesque and too beautiful to be true. We all know that I love a good sunset from time to time and Santorini offers some of the most beautiful sunsets in the world. It's only a small place but it's the perfect relaxing holiday and when I have a well-paid job, I'll be straight there. 

♡ Mykonos 

I'd say that Mykonos and Santorini are the same kind of place - clear blue sea, gorgeous sunshine, whitewashed walls and bright pink flowers in hanging baskets. If it's as stunning as it looks on Zoella's Instagram then I'm sold. 

That's my list of the top 10 places on my travel bucket list. I'm determined not to stop travelling as I want to keep this positive mentality around airports and visiting other countries. I'm already saving up for a visit to Walt Disney World. Maybe I'll never get to see all of these beautiful places but I'm determined to at least try.

Have you been to any of these places yet?
Where's your favourite place to visit?
And, where's top on your bucket list?

Lots of love,
Meg
xox


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig