28 August 2017

My Skin Care Routine

My skin is really important to me and, having suffered from acne since I was 10 years old, I've tried pretty much every skin care product out there. It's only since I've turned 20 that I've finally found a skincare routine and skincare products that suit both my lifestyle and my skin type. I'm so happy with the way my skin is looking at the moment so I thought I'd share the products I've been using, how I use them and the skin care routine I've been following for the past year and a half - I'll do a post on my acne another time, if that's something you'd be interested in. 

The first thing to figure out is what type of skin you have. There are four main skin types; oily, dry, spot prone and combination. I have combination skin meaning that I'm a mix of oily and spot prone, the oiliness of my skin being one of the main causes of my acne. My skin has always been one of my biggest insecurities, I envy girls who have this flawless complexion and never seem to get any kind of blemish. I've watched all of their skin care routines, bought all the high-end products and nothing helped. I always thought that the more expensive products would do wonders for my skin, yet here I am telling you about my skincare routine that contains products which reach a combined total of under £20. The next thing you need to consider is your lifestyle - you don't want a skin care routine that is going to take you three hours when you've just got in from work/college/Uni and all you want to do is curl up in front of the TV and watch Corrie. I'm currently studying at University whilst also juggling a part time 9-5 job and I find that this skincare routine is best suited to my lifestyle.

Morning Skincare

Simple is my favourite skincare brand and I trust their products to look after my skin. I've been using Simple products for over three years now and it's the one skin product that I keep going back too. I've used face washes from brands such as Soap & Glory, Garnier and Clinique but nothing will ever compare. Everything used in Simple products is natural, perfect for the most sensitive of skin, which is why I love it so much.

I wash my face each morning with the 'Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash'. It contains 3 spot fighting ingredients and 1 natural anti-bacterial meaning that it's the perfect blend of ingredients to deeply cleanse, purify and tone the skin - removing dirt and unclogging pores so that skin feels fresh, clean and ready to take on the day. The bottle also claims that you will see results from day 1 and I can fully confirm that this is true. From the first use, you'll notice that your blemishes have reduced in size and in redness meaning that they're less noticeable - boosting your confidence massively.

Moisturising your skin is so important so after I have patted my skin dry with a soft towel, I use the 'Simple Spotless Skin Anti-Blemish Moisturiser'. I pop a little bit on my fingers, rub it together and then gently smooth it around my face. This moisturiser contains 4 spot fighting ingredients and 1 natural antibacterial - I find this product the most effective for battling my pesky blemishes. The aloe vera softens and smooths the skin whilst the chamomile helps to reduce the redness of my blemishes. The face wash and the moisturiser go hand in hand - I can't see myself ever using anything else.

Evening Skincare

Evening skincare is definitely more time consuming which is why I like to keep it as simple as possible - no pun intended. I've been prescribed many creams and tablets for my acne but natural ingredients have always been my saviour, particularly tea tree oil. If you google ways to get rid of acne, tea tree oil will be high up on the list of natural ingredients to use but it's very hard to get hold of. However, Boots have now introduced their own tea tree and witch hazel range which is perfect for people with spot prone skin. My evening skincare routine is very similar to my morning skincare. I take my make up off with the 'Garnier Micellar Water' and then wash my face again with my Simple face wash. I then follow this up with the 'Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Night Treatment Evening Gel', applying this the same way I apply my moisturiser so that it can work to fight and prevent spots whilst I sleep. It doesn't feel greasy on the skin - something I was very worried about prior to using it -  and acts as a moisturiser without blocking pores. Since using this product I've found that my skin is clear when I wake up in the mornings and my blemishes less frequent.

Weekly Treatments 

Cleansing your face before you go to bed isn't enough to make sure that your skin is fully cleansed and protected. Every week, I like to do two face masks and one facial scrub just to make sure that my skin is clean and all the spot causing bacteria has gone. Every Tuesday, instead of using my Simple face wash to cleanse my skin, I use the 'Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Exfoliating Face Scrub' which unclogs pores and helps skin to look smooth. This facial scrub is too strong for daily use which is why I use it weekly to maintain a bright complexion. I may not get a lot of sleep at night, but my skin will tell you a different story. 

The two face masks I like to use are the 'Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Peel Off Face Mask' and the 'Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Intense Deep Cleanse Facial Mask with Active Charcoal'. I use these masks after cleansing to help myself relax on an evening and give my skin that extra little bit of TLC that it deserves. The 'Peel Off Face Mask' is a clear gel that you gently smooth over your face (avoiding the eye area), leave it to dry for 15 minutes and then peel it off. Your skin is left feeling clean and soft as you see the dirt and makeup on the mask you've just peeled off. The 'Intense Deep Cleanse Facial Mask' contains active charcoal to keep skin looking clear and healthy by removing dirt from deep down in the pores and rebalances oil to leave skin with a silky touch. Apply this gently across the skin, specifically focusing on your T-Zone, leave to dry for 15 minutes and then rinse with luke warm water. I love the way my skin feels after using these products and I also find that my makeup application is a lot smoother - what's not to love? 

Hopefully, this post has given you an insight as to some of the skincare products available at the moment and has proved that you don't need to spend a fortune - or half of your night - on a skincare routine that works! 

Can you recommend any products for me to try? Would you like to see some more skin care posts? Let me know in the comments. 

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig