5 October 2016

Girl Online: On Tour by Zoe Sugg

Considering the fact that Zoe released this book over a year ago, I'm extremely late to the party but here I am with another book review for you lovely book lovers out there. 

'Girl Online: On Tour' is the second book in the 'Girl Online' series written by Youtuber and Blogger Zoe Sugg (aka Zoella). I read the first book in the series and I absolutely loved it; it was so gripping, incredibly well written and very impressive considering Zoe is not a professional writer. I am aware that she had some help writing her first novel, but there was a lot of Zoe's character weaved into the story and that's what made it unique. When Zoe announced that she would be writing a sequel I got so excited and couldn't wait to read it. I don't know why it's taken me a year to get round to it, but finally it was on offer in Asda so I got it for myself. 

My first impressions before reading the story were that it was either going to be much worse than the first story or six thousand times better. My standards were pretty high as I remember the first book ending on a bit of a cliffhanger and leaving me with a desire to know what happened to Penny, Noah and their relationship. However, when I started the book I got a little lost. I couldn't remember anything that had happened in the first one which meant that I had to go back and refresh my memory before I could start reading properly. 

The novel follows Penny, a clumsy sixteen year old girl who runs a blog, and her boyfriend Noah, a super famous musician who is about to head out on his first world tour supporting boyband sensation The Sketch. Penny is invited to join Noah on his European part of the tour, and we get to go on all sorts of adventures with them but also see the impact a long distance relationship can have on people.

In terms of plot, I would say that this was just as good, if not a little better than the first book. There was so much going on, so many twists and turns that it was like an emotional rollercoaster. It was very slow to start off with as there wasn't really anything that gripped you, but as you get further into the story it's very hard to put the book down. Some of the ideas Zoe came up with were absolutely amazing, it was one of those stories where you thought you knew what was going to happen and then it'd take a complete turn. It definitely keeps you on your toes.

However, I do think that the book was poorly written. I feel like it resembled something I probably would've wrote when I was 14 and going through my 'Bieber Fever' stage. In parts, it resembles one of the better written fan-fictions. It is very clear that Zoe wrote more of this novel, not because it is badly written but it is less professional; not in a bad way of course. 

I'd definitely recommend to check Zoe's books out if you get the chance too because they are definitely worth the read. 

'Girl Online: On Tour' - Zoe Sugg
Reccommended: Yes
Rating: 4 Stars

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig