30 June 2016

It's the little things

There's been so much negativity around this week, whether that has been regarding the recent referendum here in the UK or just general hatred online. I received a lot of nasty comments this week for various reasons, most of which was just people being particularly horrible for the sake of it. I took some time offline and removed all social media from my day, and it made me realise all of the things around me that make me happy. I don't appreciate these things enough, and really, it's the smallest things that mean the most.

In this blog post, I thought I'd do something a little different and share with you all the things that make me happy and that we take for granted. 

Things that make me happy

The smell outside when it rains

The smell of a new book

Putting your hands in soapy water

That feeling when you step in the sunshine

The sound of the sea 

Watching lightning strike

The smell of fresh coffee

Hearing the birds sing

Seeing your first butterfly of the summer

Picnics in the park

When it stays daylight until 10pm

Watching the sunset

Spending time with your Grandparents 

Throwing pebbles into the sea

Happiness is the most important thing, and you should never ever be ashamed of what makes you happy. Which raises the question, what little things make you smile? Leave them in the comments below or reply to this post with something similar on your blog! 

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig