28 June 2016

Book Review: The Single Girls To-Do List by Lindsey Kelk

The reason why I love reading so much is because it allows you to escape into another world for a while. I'll be very honest with you, I've completely lost the reading bug the past few years, and I completely blame my education for that. I've grown to hate reading because of studying English Literature, you're forced to read to pass an exam, not because you enjoy it. I've been waiting for that one book to get me back into the reading mindset, and now, I think I've finally found it. 
I actually started this book a few months ago, but had to stop reading it due to my studies, however once I'd finished Uni, I picked it back up again and I'm so glad I did. 

'The Single Girls To-Do List' is one of those books that I've been wanting to read for a very long time, and it's pretty self explanatory. The story follows Rachel Summers, a makeup artist who's newly single. Rachel has always had someone to pre-occupy her mind, she's always been in a relationship, but when her long-term boyfriend Simon calls time on their relationship she is left devastated and clueless. It's then down to her two best friends Emilie and Mathew to teach her that it's okay to be single. The group of friends then create a list, but not just any list, a single girls to-do list. This is then the start of a crazy adventure. 

I honestly can't express to you how much this story made me laugh. I don't think a book has made me laugh out-loud in such a long time, and it was a pleasure to read. It was unpredictable, and I loved that because it kept you on your toes. There's nothing I hate more than reading a book, and by the halfway point you pretty much know what's going to happen in the end and that's that. I'd rather be surprised, it's such a thrill. Rachel is such a relatable character, and she resembles a strong independent woman who learns that a woman can survive on her own without a man. We also get to know her friends too, and they're just as crazy. I'd love Mathew as a best friend, he's so awesome. 

It's a book full of laughter, giggles and the importance of having good friends to pick you up when you fall. If you get the chance to read it, then I would 100% recommend it. It is definitely on my top 10 favourites list. 

'Single Girls To-Do List' - Lindsey Kelk
Recommended: YES!
Rating: 5 Stars

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig