15 March 2016

Eunoia: 5 Ways to lead a Positive & Happy Lifestyle

Eunoia. What a weird title to a blog post.
I'm presuming some of you are wondering what exactly it means, well, let me tell you. Eunoia means 'beautiful thinking' and I thought it was the perfect title for a blog post all about spring cleaning and working towards a positive lifestyle. My lecturer kept using it constantly in our lecture last week, and it really stuck with me, so gave me inspiration to do this blog post. Also, it's the shortest word in the English Language that uses all the vowels (now there's a snazzy fact for you all). 

It's Spring!!!! Isn't that exciting?! 
Well, not really as exciting as Summer, but it means we're one step closer to pretty summer dresser, pastel colours and late night barbecues in the garden. For most people, including me, Spring is a time to look back at the past few months and just see what things you'd like to change. I call this Spring Cleaning. Now, when most people say that, they presume that you set away one day to just clean the whole house and make it all lovely and neat, just for it to be ruined again. Because I'm probably too lazy to do that, and I like a bit of a messy room anyway, I see this whole Spring Cleaning thing as a way to change your life for the better. 

Last year, I said that I was going to try and be more positive about things, and although we all have our days where we want to hide under our duvet with ice cream and Netflix, it really impacted on my year. I will always say that 2015 was the best year of my life, and apart from all the amazing things that happened, I feel that me trying to stay positive was one of the main ways I managed to have such an amazing year. Being so happy and positive has an effect on you and the way you view things, but also the people around you. And everyone loves to be around a happy smiley person that can see the good in a bad situation; like the sunshine shining through the dark clouds on a rainy day. 

I've seen a lot of people online saying how much they'd like to lead a happy and positive lifestyle; and really it's not that hard. Yeah, I'll admit, it's hard not to see the bad in every situation but I guess you just have to take a step back and look at the situation from a different point-of-view. So, without anymore rambling, here are 5 simple ways to help you with a positive and happy lifestyle. 

1. Set an alarm and wake up
Okay, I understand that this might be hard. I mean, sometimes we all have days where we want to just lay in bed and watch films all day, and that's completely fine, as long as you're awake and doing what you want to do. If you set an alarm in the morning, and start to wake up at the same time most days, it really has an impact on your body. You're not tired all the time, and waking up early means you have the full day ahead of you. Imagine all the adventures you can go on and things you can do. It's better to wake up and do something you love than just stay in bed and sleep all day. Also, when I say set an alarm, make it reasonable. Don't go setting it for like 5am in the morning and then moan. I have my alarm on every day for 9am. 

2. Exercise and stay healthy
Again, not up some peoples street, but just going for a nice walk in the sun is still classed as exercise. I've recently started running and going to the gym (I know, but it's time I get myself into shape), and I find that doing exercise, especially in the morning helps to clear my mind and think about the things that are bothering me. I also really love hula-hooping. I mean who doesn't love a hula-hoop. Exercise doesn't have to be going to the gym and spending hours doing weights (I don't do that, I literally go on the running machine and exercise bike) it can be fun too. Drinking water also helps and eating more fruit. If you feel your body is fit and healthy, it helps you feel positive and happy. 

3. Get away from social media for a while
Most of us are addicted to technology, whether that be our phones, ipods or laptops. I'm one of those people too, I don't think you'll ever see me without my phone in my hand. But, looking back at things, spending too much time on social media was making me upset, sometimes angry and impacting on my life in a negative way. Now, when things start to upset me, I step away from social media and technology for a while, and do the things that really matter to me. Don't keep people or things in your life that make you unhappy. The sooner you get rid of all the negative energy in your life, the happier and more positive you'll be.

4. Set aside time to do the things you love
I can't begin to stress how important this is. Don't live your life for other people and don't let other people dictate your happiness. If your happiness is staying inside and watching a whole series on Netflix whilst dunking digestive biscuits into Nutella, then don't let anyone stop you. Just make time to do the things you love and don't let the stress of work or school get you down. The way I view things; everything happens for a reason, and this time next year, the things you're worrying about now wont even matter, so just enjoy today. 

5. Try not to see the negative in everything
This is hard. Very hard. But if you can do it then it will honestly be one of the best things you do. When you go in for an exam don't be going in saying "I'm going to fail" instead give yourself some hope and believe in yourself. Wake up each morning with a smile. Try smiling at more people, because you smiling at them and them smiling at you will make you both feel so much happier. Don't let negative energy affect your mind. 

That's just five of the many ways I try to lead a positive and happy lifestyle. I think the main thing is not to let anyone drag you down. Never let anyone dull your sparkle. 

Think Happy.
Be Happy.

Lots of Love
Meg


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig