12 March 2016

Book Review: Dream a Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher

Well, it's been a while since I've done a book review hasn't it?! If I'm honest with you, I haven't been reading as much as I would like; I guess I'm just constantly tired. Most of the time, I get through a chapter a night and then fall asleep. Last night, I actually stayed up (because the book was just so gripping) and finished 'Dream a Little Dream' by the lovely Gi Fletcher, so I thought it'd be the perfect thing to review!

I've been wanting to read this book now for absolutely ages. I wanted to have it read just in time for Christmas so I could read the sequel 'Dream a Little Christmas Dream' but sadly that didn't happen and I only really finished the book last night. I'd been recommended to read some of Gi's books because apparently they were 'right up my street' according to my friends at Uni. I love trying out new authors, so I downloaded it onto my kindle and set off reading. 

'Dream a Little Dream' follows Sarah, a young woman who works in an office, is struggling to get a promotion to please her nagging mother and who's ex is now getting married to perfect barbie doll Lexie. The only way she can escape is in her dreams, where she creates a picture of Brett Last, a guy she went to Uni with many years ago. But, dreams soon become a reality, and Sarah is left bewildered when dream Brett actually turns up in her real life. 

From the moment I began reading the first page, I just knew this was going to be a book I loved. Have you ever felt that? like when you just know you're going to love something so much. It was a book for me that was very hard to put down, and I plodded in to some of my 9am lectures looking more sleepy than usual because I'd been up reading most of the night. I think the amazing thing about this book is that it constantly keeps you interested; there's so many twists and turns and when you think you've sussed out what's going to happen, the story takes a complete turn and you're left wanting more. Gi writes the book so well, and the character of Sarah is really someone you can relate too. I feel like you can see some of Gi's personality in her which is really lovely. But, you also feel that you get to know Sarah's friends too, and sometimes you feel like you're in their friendship group and sitting in on all the drama that unfolds. It's such a wonderful thing, because it's not something that's common in many books. 

If you're looking for a new author to try, I'd definitely recommend reading some of Gi's books; because I can't wait to read more of the other material she's written. I'm also very much looking forward to reading the Christmas edition of 'Dream a Little Dream', but I think I may have to wait until the festive season! It made me laugh, smile and cry, so you definitely need to read it! 

'Dream a Little Dream' - Giovanna Fletcher
Recommended: Yes!!
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Lots of Love
Meg
xox




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig