24 February 2016

Sleek Blush


I'm sorry I haven't blogged for a little while, I've been trying to get back into the swing of things with Uni. It seems that when I go home for a while and then go back, it's like starting all over again and I have to get used to my surroundings and also having no food in the fridge. 
But, I'm back blogging again and today I bring you another beauty review: YAY!

When I was younger, as I'm sure many of us did, I relied on my mum to buy me my make up. I was never really one of those girls who was interested in make up, not as much as I am now, and my mum wanted me to try and get into it a little so she used to come home with blushers and different things for me. Sometimes, I look back at the way I used to do my make up and think "What the hell was I thinking?". I've always used Marks and Spencers Collection Blusher. Okay, you might laugh, but it's the only one I've ever tried. My Mum used it, so it's always been the blusher I've used (or stolen) from my mum. However, they no longer sell this blusher, which I found out just a few weeks ago. I was in a hard situation because all my blusher had cracked, I had none left and now I couldn't get anymore. I'm a very pale kid, so blusher is one of those things I need in my makeup bag. 

So, I headed out on the hunt for a new blusher. I didn't want to spend loads on blusher, because I'm a student and I'd say around 80% of the time, I'm completely and utterly broke. It was then that I found 'Sleek'.

This is the 'Sleek Blush' in the colour 'Flushed'. It's the colour that was nearest to the normal colour I use. Don't be put off by the colours they show you on the website, because they're not very accurate. I'd recommend to go into Boots or Superdrug and try the different colours for yourself. Speaking of colours, one thing I love about the 'Sleek' blusher collection is that there is such a large variety of colours; if you don't find the colour you're looking for then I don't know if it even exists. 

Overall, I'm extremely impressed with this product, it doesn't break the bank and it's well worth the price. The application is brilliant and the colour is very vivid so you can really tell you've got the blush on. The only thing I would say is that the colours can sometimes come out a little bright so you will definitely need to blend in; I can't begin to stress to you how important it is to blend!! With my colour being a really pretty pink, it's perfect for all seasons and I'd definitely recommend this colour if you're going for a natural look (which is what I tend to go for). 

The blush itself is only very small, so it's perfect to just throw into your bag and take out with you if you need to just retouch your makeup. I really love the little compact mirror that comes with the blush; it makes the product really easy to apply and again, it's perfect as a small mirror to just take out with you if you want to re-apply makeup or something. It's perfect.

If you'd like to try the sleek blush, or look at what other products sleek has to offer, I'll link them here.

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig