29 October 2015

Ghosts, Tricks & Treats | Halloween Fashion Inspiration

Hello Everyone!
It's that spooky time of year again. The time when you get dressed up as a dead person and walk the streets knocking on peoples doors asking for sweets, go to a party dressed as something scary or simply just stay in with some popcorn and scare yourself silly whilst watching paranormal activity. Whatever your doing this Halloween, it's going to probably involve some form of costume. That's the worst part; finding something to wear. Although I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween, and I would much prefer bonfire night or Christmas, I really do love dressing up. I love putting on new clothes, doing my make-up and transforming myself into something else. So, I've been on the hunt for some lovely Halloween costumes for you all. I've chosen these from a range of shops, so I'll link everything that's included below. 

Topshop
 The first place I go to for some halloween costume inspiration is always Topshop. I think this is because they offer such a big collection, and eventhough it is on the pricer side, I think it's one of the best places to shop if you're going on a night out this Halloween.

The first outfit I chose is supposed to be a very discrete pumpkin. I know sometimes, on Halloween, people don't really want to go all out. The item that inspired me to create this outfit was the orange and black clutch bag, I really like the way the two colours clash together. They create a statement which is something I'm really liking at the moment. I wanted the bag to be the main item in this outfit, so pairing it with a black top, with the most beautiful design, and a pair of black disco pants seemed like the best option. I then picked out some gorgeous heels, which look very classy, but this can be paired with any black heels you have at home, or if you're not a heels kind of girl then black flats would work perfectly fine too. I then went into Claire's and found some cute pumpkin earrings, just to enhance the character and add a little more 'Halloween' to the outfit.
TOP  | DISCO PANTS |  BAG  |  SHOES  |  EARRINGS 



The second outfit is more of an outfit that you could chill out in if you're going to be staying in watching scary films, or watching X Factor like I will probably be doing. I'm really loving ripped jeans at the moment, they've been around for a while, but for Halloween I think they look really nice if you're just going for a really chilled, cool look. I've put a shirt with some vampire lips with the ripped jeans and skeleton socks, just because I thought they were extremely cute. If you want to go a little bit more spooky with the outfit, you could always add the spider web earrings that I've also teamed with the outfit. If you're looking for a spooky film to watch, as much as I hate them, I would definitely recommend 'Woman In Black'. It makes me scream every time.
TOP  |  JEANS  |  SOCKS  |  EARRINGS



Finally, the last outfit I picked out is supposed to be a cat. I know this is the typical Halloween Costume, and I'm pretty sure Liverpool will be full of cats on Saturday night, but it's one of the easiest costumes to style. Plus, if you're not willing to take a risk, you know that you wont be the only cat on the scene. I chose this beautiful black jumpsuit because it has a feline look with the lace around the top half. I then paired it with the beautiful black heels shown in the first outfit and added a pair of cat ears just to complete the look; I would definitely wear heels with this outfit as I'm not a fan of wearing jumpsuits with flats, they just don't look right sometimes. As for a bag, I picked out a metallic clutch bag as it adds some more colour to the outfit. If you're feeling even more adventurous, you could add these super-cute cat stud earrings that I found.
JUMPSUIT  |  SHOES  |  BAG  |  CAT EARS  |  EARRINGS


New Look

One of the best shops on the high street at the moment is New Look. It's perfect for people on a budget who still want some really cute clothes to wear for Halloween. I love the Halloween collection in New Look because they're items that you can wear all year round, so they'll definitely be value for money.

The first outfit is a devil costume. The minute I saw this red skater dress I fell in love with it. It looks very chic, and the bright colour is perfect for the autumn winter season. I feel like too many people wear dark colours and we need to brighten things up a little. I put this with some gold heels, but it can also be teamed with flats, as well as a black clutch bag. I feel like a black clutch is one of those essential things in every female wardrobe around the world. In order to make the outfit look like the devil, I've added a pair of devil horns on a headband, not too in your face, just nice and discrete. I also added a bracelet as I feel the outfit needs a little something to make a statement.
DRESS  |  SHOES  |  BAG  |  EARS  |  BRACELET 


The next outfit is another outfit that is perfect for people staying in this Halloween. I'm going to do an outfit like this from every store I cover in this blog post, just because a bit of variety is good isn't it? I also think this would be perfect for an occasion such as taking younger siblings or relatives out trick or treating, or answering the door to trick or treaters. It gets into the spirit. This really casual look includes a ghostbusters t-shirt, a pair of black leggings with zip detail, a pair of chelsea boots which are perfect for autumn/winter and then a choker necklace. I love choker necklaces, I think they can add a really quirkiness to an outfit, just make sure you suit them and you're comfortable to wear one before you buy it though!
TOP  |  LEGGINGS  |  BOOTS  |  CHOKER


When I mention to dress up as a mouse for Halloween, it reminds everyone of Mean Girls. "I'm a Mouse, duh!". This is the most expensive of the three outfits but it's definitely the most elegant from the New Look collection. I saw this cropped leg jumpsuit and chose it because you don't see a lot of those around at the moment and I really liked the chic-ness it created. I think paired this with a pair of black heels, a black clutch, a pair of mouse ears and a beautiful faux fur collar. This collar adds a lot of elegance to the outfit and it'll keep you warm on those cold winter nights. In order to add a statement to the outfit, I teamed it with a beautiful gold necklace, which contrasts lovely with the black of the jumpsuit. I also really like the bracelet to go with the outfit too.
JUMPSUIT  |  SHOES  |  EARS  |  BAG  |  NECKLACE  |  COLLAR  |  BRACELET


Boohoo
If I'm being honest, Boohoo has one of the poorest Halloween collections I have seen. It wasn't very inspiring, so using my imagination, I've come up with a few ideas that could be used for some Halloween costumes. Boohoo is such good value for money, and they always have different offers on so I would definitely recommend checking them out.

The first outfit is inspired by Sandy from Grease. I know this doesn't look like much, but not many people think of going as dead versions of characters from films. It's so much fun to do, and Sandy is one of the easiest characters to style. I chose this black bardot top, iconic from her look in the film, and teamed it with a pair of black disco pants, red heels to make a statement, a black clutch and a beautiful bracelet. I wanted Sandy's sassy side to come across with the outfit. Once the hair and make up is done, I can guarantee this outfit will look absolutely amazing.
TOP  |  DISCO PANTS  |  HEELS  |  BAG  |  BRACELET


Next up is the relaxed outfit, can you see a theme going on here? As I said before, Boohoo were quite poor for a Halloween collection, and a lot of the stuff was pyjamas and baggy t-shirts. I chose this night shirt/dress (whatever you want to call it) and put it with a pair of knee-high socks. I've seen a lot of these worn in magazines, and I think they can look really nice if you wear them right.
PYJAMAS  |  SOCKS


For the final outfit from the Halloween collection at Boohoo, I have gone for a gothic look. From the moment I saw this dress, I thought it looked beautiful. The lace detailing on the arms adds a real elegance to the look. The costume I'm going for here is something out of the Aadams family maybe? I paired this with some lovely black heels (the shoes from Boohoo are SO good), a black clutch bag and a lovely bracelet which really completes the outfit.
DRESS  |  SHOES  |  BAG  |  BRACELET 


River Island


Again, I was quite disappointed with the Collection in River Island. It's all very dark colours, as you can probably tell from above, but nevertheless, there are still some really nice clothes in store. There also wasn't a lot of casual stuff in River Island, so all of these outfits are something you would probably wear on a night out. I have tried to dress them down a little, but the majority of items are quite dressy.

I adore the skirt in outfit number one. The string to tie the skirt once again creates the gothic look that seems to be all the rage this Halloween. This is further enhanced by the floaty sleeves of the black top, which would be tucked into the skirt. The gold in the black heels adds a pop of colour to the look, as does the statement necklace that I paired with the top. Grab a black over the shoulder bag and you're ready to go!
TOP  |  SKIRT  |  SHOES  |  BAG  |  NECKLACE 


This was originally supposed to be the casual outfit, but I would say the third outfit is probably the most casual from my picks from the River Island collection. I chose some simple black jeans, a black long floaty top as I love this style (I have so many long floaty tops, they're great to go out in) and added a statement with a beautiful black and gold necklace. There's a lot of black and gold around for Halloween this year, so if you're looking for some inspiration, those are the colours that are everywhere this year. I then added some lovely boots with a frill detail and a lovely black bag.
TOP  |  JEANS  |  BOOTS  |  BAG  |  NECKLACE


As I previously said, this outfit is probably the most casual out of the whole collection. Once again, I went for some simple black jeans and a black top with some gorgeous frill detail. This adds a little bit of something to the outfit so that it doesn't look to plain. I do realise that a lot of the outfits I have included have had some form of heel involved, but it's completely fine to wear flat shoes too. I picked out these beautiful flats with some gold detail, which compliment the bag beautifully. If you wanted to add a little more 'party' to the outfit, you could add the earrings in too!
TOP  |  JEANS  |  SHOES  |  BAG  |  EARRINGS 


ASOS

I really love shopping at ASOS, but when it comes to putting outfits together for blog posts, it's an absolute pain. Anyway, I've done the best I can. Overall, I think I've saved the best till last because this is the Halloween collection I am most impressed with. It's literally got everything you could want. Some of the things are on the pricier side, but there are some real bargains in there too!

I love how quirky this first outfit looks. The spider web dress screams Halloween straight away, and it really goes with the diamonds on the heels of the shoes. A choker works really well with this outfit, as does the moon and stars earrings which I absolutely love. The bag is extremely cute and adds to the overall quirkiness. I just think this outfit is so perfect, I love it!
DRESS  |  SHOES  |  BAG  |  CHOKER  |  EARRINGS


The second outfit is the most expensive and the most elegant out of the collection. I really like the idea of masks and masquerade balls so this became the theme for this outfit when I laid on the beautiful mask. The lace detail is gorgeous. I wanted all the focus to be on the mask, so a black jumpsuit is perfect, and to add some more spooky too it, I've put in a bat necklace which compliments the webs on the shoes. The fringe bag creates another statement. This outfit is definitely one of my favourites.
JUMPSUIT  |  SHOES  |  BAG  |  NECKLACE  |  MASK


You didn't think that I wouldn't include Disney in this blog post did you?!
This is the casual outfit for this collection. The Disney top is my favourite, Mickey looks so cute and it seems to be a really comfy material. This would be perfect with a pair of black jeans, a choker necklace to add a gothic element and some spooky skeleton socks. This is my favourite casual outfit of the whole blog post.
TOP  |  JEANS  |  SOCKS  |  CHOKER


I hope this blog post has given you some Halloween inspiration, whatever you'll be doing to celebrate the spooky season.

Happy Halloween!
Lots of Love,
Meg
xox

Twitter | Tumblr  | Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Instagram
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig