22 July 2015

Reflection on 2015: My Year So Far...

Hello!
I've been having a bit of what I like to call 'Bloggers Block' lately where I have been really struggling to think of things to write. I feel like there's going to be a lot of Disney in the next few posts, so I thought it might be good to write about something different to split things up a little bit. 

As you're reading this right now, it's the end of July, and I am currently away on my family holiday (don't worry, there'll be a blog post coming out about that very soon). This means that it's way over half way through the year and I cannot even begin to put together how much has happened over these past six months. 

At the start of the year, I did a blog post called '2014 Highlights and my hopes for 2015' which I will link here. In that post, I reflected on the past year (which I will be doing in January 2016) and made a list of the things I hope to achieve in 2015. As I was having a little browse through my old blog posts, I came across this post and it dawned on me how many of those wishes have come true in just six months. This then inspired me to do this blog post. 

Okay, so the first thing for me that has been a massive deal was being cast as Frenchy in Grease: The Musical. It was my last year in the school production and since being young, Frenchy has always been my favourite character so to be able to play her was a dream come true. I've also been accepted into my dream University, after doing so many auditions and call-backs which is something that was in my wildest dreams. If you would have asked me this time last year if I was going to be accepted into University, I would've laughed at you and told you to be more realistic. It just shows that if you work at something, your dreams really can come true. 

Another highlight for me was turning 18 and entering adulthood. It was a weird feeling at first, knowing that you're responsible for yourself now and no longer need to rely on your parents. But, I'm absolutely loving it. I love the feeling of independence, I've never felt more grown up and in control of my own life. In my hopes and dreams blog post, I said that I wanted to go to Disney and meet Peter Pan. Now, when I published this post, the holiday hadn't been booked and I had no intentions of going in June. But it just shows that life can take a funny turn and look where I have just returned from; the happiest place on earth! AND I met Peter too which is always always a bonus. 

Finally, one big thing for me was to stay positive and spread happiness by being happy. I'm proud to say that this is going well and I am definitely a more happy and positive person. I have deleted the people who brought negativity in my life, I have the best group of friends imaginable and my life just seems to be going well at the moment. If you're not happy about something, then change it. You only get one shot at life, and if you want to spend it surrounded by negativity and unhappiness then that's your choice, but I'm pretty damn sure that a life full of happiness and smiles is hell of a lot better. 

So, that's my little reflection. I know so much more has already happened, and so much more is yet to happen. I have so many exciting things ahead, most of which will be shared on here with everyone. I cannot wait for the rest of the year! 

Lots of Love
Meg
xox
Twitter | Tumblr  | Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Instagram
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig