28 June 2015

Happy Campers!

When it was our last week of College, my friends and I decided to make a list of everything we wanted to do over the Summer. The thing at the top of our list was a camping trip which we planned to do as a little celebration after all of our exams had finished.  

On Tuesday, we started our journey to the Lake District. It was a two-hour road trip but we managed perfectly with our Power Ballad CD and a bag full of food. We followed Rachel's Sat-Nav which took us up the highest hills and round the tightest roads but we couldn't complain because the scenery was breathtaking. During our little adventure, we had to sit in the car for 10 minutes to wait for a sheep to cross the road (good ol' Lake District). 

The weather was beautiful when we arrived, so we sat on the benches for a little while and played cards whilst we waited for the others. This is when we met Doug. Doug is the dog of the man who owns the campsite and he stayed with us for the majority of our trip. Doug and his stone, which he carried around with him all the time, became our best friend. He gave us cuddles, helped us put the tent up and stole some of our food but we still loved him.

The campsite we were on was called 'The Old Post Office' and was next to a lovely little River. I spent most of my time sat at the River, just watching and listening to the water. Soon enough, everyone joined and we went paddling. However, Ben and Rach thought they'd take it one step further and decided to go for a swim which I'm pretty sure they regretted afterwards as the water was absolutely freezing. 

After having our tea at the lovely pub that was next to the site, we went for a little walk and then settled down inside the tents. It was here that the majority of the laughs were had. We decided to play a game called 'Cards Against Humanity' and this was the first time I had ever played. Oh My Goodness. I have never laughed so much at a game in my life, it allowed me to be mean and hilarious at the same time; how brilliant! 

Waking up the next morning was a pain, I didn't really sleep well thanks to our delightful neighbours who kept us up snoring all night. Sadly, Rach, Liv and I were going home that day because I had to get things ready for my holiday (which I will be on as you're reading this) and Liv didn't feel too good. We went and sat in a cute little pub for a while and then headed off on our journey home!

It's been such a hilariously fun trip so here's a few snaps I took!



Lots of Love
Meg
xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig