24 June 2015

Three Girls & A Baby by Rachel Schurig

Exams are finally over!

My reading has taken a back seat over these past few months due to revision and pure exhaustion. But what better way to get back into reading than with this lovely book by Rachel Schurig.

It was recommended to me by my mum. The moment she started it, she nagged and nagged at me to download it because she knew I'd love it. The way she described it to me was like a 'chick flick in a book'. I love a good chick flick from time to time so when I finished reading 'The Perks of Being A Wallflower', I downloaded it immediately. 

This book is the first in a series of five, following three young girls who have just graduated from College. They've moved into their own flat and are loving life. In the first book, we get to know all about Ginny, a nanny who couldn't be happier with her life; she has a gorgeous guy on her arm and lives with her two best friends, what more could she ask for? However, things take a turn for the worst when her boyfriend, Josh, leaves her. Ginny is devastated and turns to the comfort of Ben and Jerrys, that is until a familiar face comes knocking at the door. It's Josh, and he wants her back.

In her lovesick state, she spends the night with him. This is when the bombshell comes. Ginny is pregnant, but Josh wants nothing to do with it. We then follow Ginny on her journey through pregnancy with her two best friends. We sit with her through the highs and the lows, but just how will she cope bringing a new life into the world, when she can barely cope herself? 

At first, the book didn't grip me as much as I'd hoped, which I think could be to do with exams. But please, whatever you do, persevere with it because it gets to a point where you literally cannot put it down.

When my mum told me that it was like a chick flick in a book, I was very confused but I can now say that it is the perfect way to describe it. It made me laugh, it made me cry and the girls are such loveable characters. You'll definitely be able to relate to at least one of them. The ending is such a shocker too, not one I expected at all.

I'm very surprised that they haven't made a film from this book yet. I'm on the second book in the series at the moment and I can't wait to read the rest. This is one of the series of books that is up there with the Stephanie Perkins novels (If you have a chance to read those, please do because they're awesome!). 

Three Girls & A Baby - Rachel Schurig
Rating: 4 Stars
Recommended: YES

Lots of Love
Meg x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig